Being a student in Canada can be an exciting adventure: full of learning, new friends, and a future career.
But before you can start your adventure, you need to navigate Canada’s complex immigration system. To study in Canada, you will need to complete a number of documents and provide sufficient evidence to support your application.
What are the requirements to Study in Canada:
Any foreign national looking to study in Canada must first apply for a Study Permit before attending school in Canada.
The requirements to apply for a study permit are as follows:
- You must have a Letter of Acceptance from an eligible Canadian Educational Institution;
- You must demonstrate that you have sufficient income to support your living costs and your educational costs during your stay in Canada;
- You must Pass a medical examination.
What Immigration looks for in Students:
Before approving a Study Permit, immigration officials look for the following:
- Whether you are a “Bona Fide Student.” You must convince immigration that you are coming to Canada for the purpose of studying in Canada and no other purpose;
- Whether the Canadian Education Institution to which you were accepted is eligible to take foreign students;
- Whether or not you are inadmissible in Canada. You may be inadmissible if:
- You have committed a crime in the past;
- Have, in the past, violated Canada’s immigration laws;
- Have any serious medical condition.
If you recently completed an education program in Canada and have worked in Canada for at least one year, you may qualify for Permanent Residency.
If your application for a Study Permit is rejected, you may be able to appeal this decision.
How Can We Help:
Applying for a study permit is a complicated legal process. In addition to meeting all the legal requirements, immigration officials must be convinced that your application to study is genuine. Having experienced legal representation can often make the difference between a successful and unsuccessful application.
Let us worry about the immigration issues while you concentrate on your studies. Our experienced team of immigration professionals can help you through the process. Our team will ensure that your application:
- Has met all the legal requirements for education;
- Has all the supporting evidence;
- Is prepared in a professional manner.
For more information or assistance in preparing your application, please contact us.